We’ve all thought it before: “Why are my arms so jiggly?” “How can I make them less jiggly?!”
Arm jiggle is one of the hardest places on the body to target fat loss, especially for woman because their hormones cause their bodies to clench onto that fat. So, it’s normal to have, and wish away that underarm jiggle but it doesn’t mean it will be easy.
Fat reduction in specific areas is not necessarily possible due to the way the body slowly burns fat all over. But luckily through strength training and muscular endurance exercises, we can target fat reduction in the arms, or any other part of the body. Through strengthening exercises, the body builds muscle (while simultaneously burning a little fat surrounding that muscle) to tone the area. These exercises will tighten the muscles in the arms, therefore tighten the whole arm. The toner the arms, the less arm jiggle.
These exercises are easy to perform at home or at the gym and mostly involve body weight, light dumbbell weights, or resistance bands. If you don’t have access to weights, try to find small, easy to hold objects to improvise. Cans of soup, heavy books, heavy candles, or 1-gallon jug with a handle may work.
For home workouts, learn to love push-up varieties! They’re simple and work many different muscle groups.
15 Exercises to Beat Arm Jiggle
- Tricep Dips
- Diamond Push-Ups
- Push-Up with T-Rotation
- Plank Up Downs
- Renegade Rows
- Incline Push-Ups
- Decline Push-Ups
- Bicep Curls
- Tricep Kick Back
- Overhead Shoulder Press
- Lateral Arm Walks
- Lateral Flies (Side Arm Raises)
- Front Arm Raises
Want to Make it a 15-Minute Workout?
- Pick 5 different exercises
- Perform each exercises 6 times (20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest = 1 time)
- Pick 10 different exercises
- Perform each exercise 3 times (20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest = 1 time)
Want to Focus on Muscle Endurance/Toning?
- Pick 5-8 Exercises
- Perform 2-3 sets of 15-25 repetitions
- Rest between sets for less than 30 seconds
- Higher sets and reps will produce higher results
Want to Focus on Muscle Strengthening?
- Pick 5-8 Exercises
- Perform 3-5 sets of 5-8 repetitions
- Rest between sets 2-3 minutes
- Increase weight and speed of activity to increase intensity. These exercises must be more difficult
- Higher weight/intensity and lower repetitions will produce higher results
- Higher sets will produce higher results
- Plank Up-Downs (work your arms, abs, and back simultaneously)
- Pull-Ups (these can be performed palm facing in or out. this will work all of your upper body for maximal benefits)
- Renegade Row (this will pull the shoulders back and promote great posture, which greatly improves physical appearance)
- All Push-Up Variations (they can be performed anywhere! They’ll make your chest and under arm look amazing, promise)